Dear CBF Friends,
In our Plenary Assembly in Tanzania, what came out as one of our discussion and planning, was the need for a biblical pastoral training course for our biblical workers – priests, religious and laity – in Asia and Oceania that is based in Asia.
The CBF-SEA had chosen the East Asian Pastoral Institute, an associate member of CBF belonging to the subregion of South East Asia, as the venue for this biblical pastoral course since it is an Institute that caters to the pastoral needs of priests, religious and lay from all over Asia and beyond. EAPI has regular courses and one course is cancelled for January – April, 2010 for the biblical-pastoral course.
The biblical-pastoral training is so organized to respond to the facilitating needs of the biblical-pastoral animator in the ministry as well as the needs of the animator himself/herself as a person.
The number of participants are limited to 60 due to the limited rooms since a parallel course is also running with the biblical course. 30 men and 30 women would be ideal but it does not have to be so. The applicants must be presently involved in the biblical-pastoral ministry in his/her diocese, in a biblical center and the like to make the course useful and meaningful to the participant. The applicants write to us at CBF-SEA through Sr. Emma (email@example.com) or Star (firstname.lastname@example.org). They have to be recommended by their bishop or superior. Kindly download the application form.
There are partial scholarships available at EAPI but the merit of the application will be weighed according to capacity and recommendation. EAPI finally decides who shall be given and how much. So please fill up the application form now. Hurry! It’s first come first served basis.
Fr. Jeyaraj Rasiah, SJ (email@example.com) is the director of EAPI.
We invite our biblical partners from North East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and other CBF members who are interested on the course. A good command of the English language is required of every participant in order to benefit to the full the merits of the course.
Thank you very much.
BIBLICAL PASTORAL TRAINING
For a Renewed Mission of the Word
January 4 – April 2, 2010
Biblical formation is an important means of educating people in the faith and equipping them in the task of proclamation (cf. Ecclesia in Asia, #22).
In response to the need of the local churches for
pastorally oriented courses on the Bible, this training
program is designed for all animators in the biblical pastoral ministry.
Its purpose is:
• To provide a deeper understanding of Scripture
• To train participants in various methods of proclaiming the Word
• To help participants to apply biblical teaching to the complex realities of life in Asia and Oceania
• To provide opportunities to share home-grown wisdom resources and various methods of pastoral ministry.
The training program covers:
• Personal spiritual formation and renewal
• Updating knowledge of the Bible through modules on recent developmetns in biblical hermeneutics and the Church’s understanding of the Word of God
• Pastoral skills for facilitating Bible sharing, proclaiming the Word, bibliodrama, utilizing media, and using the Word in community building
• Training in developing simple biblical-pastoral programs/resources for small communities in the use of pedagogical methods to communicate the Word in different cultural and pastoral contexts.
The Training Program is conducted in collaboration with the South East Asian sub-region of the Catholic Biblical Federation.
Filed under: News