The Biblical Pastoral Training
of East Asian Pastoral Institute was
Blessed With Outstanding Success!
Philippines. The East Asian Pastoral Institute Serving the Local Churches of Asia and Oceania in collaboration with the Catholic Biblical Federation South East Asia recently concluded the 3-month course on BPT that started last January 4, 2010. Rev. Fr. Francis Jeyaraj Rasiah, SJ the director of the institute successfully managed the implementation of the program in collaboration with the CBF-SEA. The Most Rev. Virgilio “Ambo” S. David, DD – chairman of the Episcopal Commission for the Biblical Apostolate (CBCP) graced the graduation rites of the BPT.
In behalf of all the full members and associate members of the Catholic Biblical Federation of South East Asia we express our heartfelt felicitations to Fr. Jeya and his staff for successfully carrying out the task onthe Biblical Pastoral Training program for Asia and Oceania.
Our hearty congratulations to you Fr. Jeya!
Sr. Emma Gunanto
Ms. Star del Mar
Fr. Doms Ramos
BIBLICAL PASTORAL TRAINING
For a Renewed Mission of the Word
The biblical word is of utmost importance to all Christians. The Word of God is also the foundation and the basis for all missionary proclamation, catechesis, preaching and styles of spirituality. A continuing solid and balanced Biblical formation is indispensable for all evangelizers and ministers of the Word.
In response to the need of the local churches for effective pastorally oriented courses on the Bible, this training program is especially designed for all animators in the biblical pastoral ministry.
Its purpose is to equip the animators in the following areas of formation:
- Deeper understanding of Scriptures
- Methods of sharing, studying, praying celebrating and proclaiming the Word
- Contextualizing biblical teaching Appropriating the multi-cultural exchange of wisdom and resources in order to enliven the biblical apostolate in the local context.
Features of the Program:
- Personal formation, renewal and spiritual accompaniment
- Modules on resent developments in Biblical Hermeneutics and Church’s understanding of the Word of God.
- Pastoral approaches and skills in using the Bible for community celebrations
- Workshops on designing and developing simple, Bible-based programs
- A 6-day optional retreat at the end of the course (during the holy week) for a deeper assimilation and prayer
Filed under: News