JOHN PAUL I BIBLICAL-PASTORAL CENTER
NORTHERN LUZON BIBLICAL APOSTOLATE
Immaculate Conception School of Theology
2700 Pantay Daya, Vigan City, Philippines
Report covering the year 2015 on the following points:
- Name of the Institution: JOHN PAUL I BIBLICAL PASTORAL CENTER
- Delegate (contact Person): Most Rev. RENATO P. MAYUGBA, DD
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Report of the year 2015
- As a Regional Center, two times a year Board of Directors’ Meeting (all Diocesan Directors, Coordinators and Animators) for formation, fellowship, evaluation and planning, convoked by the Bishop chairman, Bishop Renato Mayugba, DD.
- Meetings are also held in the diocesan level convoked by the Director and /or Coordinator for planning of activities, follow up and evaluation.
- WABI (Word Alive Biblical Institute, April 6-18, 2015), a two week stay in trainors’ training program for lay ministers of the Word. It also serves as training & formation of our “middle managers”, biblical pastoral ministry workers members of the diocesan core teams.
Some directors who mostly are priests attend its modular courses.
The WABIns are expected to become competent and committed proclaimers of the Word, teachers of the faith and bible animators for communities.
WABIns after completing the Level 2 program may upon recommendation of the community be installed as LAY MINISTER OF THE WORD. They are encouraged to continue their formation through Updating Courses.
All three levels/ courses have three components: biblical, theological, pastoral
- Training & formation in the diocesan level by the diocesan core teams/ “middle managers” to cater to the needs of the locality, mostly in collaboration with other ministries.
- Publications: None
Program for 2016
- Meetings: Board of Directors’ Meeting: June 27- 28, 2016, Nov 24 -25, 2016
- WABI, April 10 – 23, 2016
- Bibliodrama Facilitators’ Training 1, April 13 – 17, 2016
- Animatio Biblica Pastoral, a one or two days biblical pastoral formation towards the New Evangelization of parish leaders,
modules which usually include basic information about the bible lectio divina, elements of bibliodrama, bible sharing and simple bible study
- Training for Lectors & Commentators
- Basic Bibliodrama Workshop
- Lectio Divina
- Basics Bible Seminar
- Bible Facilitators’ Seminar
- Summer Youth Bible Camp
- The Bible & Family
- Modules on the Year of Mercy
- Publications: BBS – DV Golden Jubilee Edition