Mother of Life Center
P.O. Box 180, 123 Susano Road, Barangay San Agustin, Novaliches, 1117 Quezon City, PHILIPPINES
Secretariat Telefax: (63 2) 939-3433 Directress (mobile): 09082033521 Finance Officer (Tel): (63 2) 985-5357
Secretariat Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email : email@example.com Registrar Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Internal Situation
Character: Catechetical Formation Center run by Notre Dame de Vie Institute (NDV) members
Personnel: 6 NDV members, 1 MOL alumna, 2 secretaries, 1 library assistant, 1 driver,
1 gardener, 2 cooks
Contact Person: Caridad N. Barrameda
Email address: email@example.com
Telefax number: 63 2 939 34 33
Postal Address: Mother of Life Center
123 Susano Road, Bgy. San Agustin,
Novaliches, 1117 Quezon City
or P.O. Box 180, Novaliches, Quezon City, Philippines
- Formation of young men and women to become professional catechists/pastoral workers with an academic degree of Master of Arts in Religious Education (one year live in formation, practicum year and summer integration course)
- One Year Certificate Program on the Formation for the Transmission of Faith (Ladderized program for professional/volunteer catechists, CLE teachers, pastoral workers)
- Other involvements
- Recollections, retreats, seminar workshops for children, youth, adults and families
- Follow-up of alumni through visits, homecoming and national conventions
- Basic Bible seminars, Bibliodrama, Lectio Divina sessions
- Regular Saturday afternoon Lectio Divina Session in a near-by parish
- Networking with different Episcopal Commissions (ECCCE, ECBA), Association of Catechetical Centers and Colleges/Universities with Religious Education (ACCCRE) Catholic Educational Associations of the Philippines (CEAP) and CBFSEA.
- Summer Mission Apostolate (Catechesis for adults, youth, children in far flung barangays, formation seminar workshop of volunteer catechists in parishes
- Publication: Twice a year release of the “for greater life” newsletter of Mother of Life Center
3. Main Activities of 2015
As part of the three-year preparation for the Golden Jubilee Celebration of Motehr of Life center in December 2017, the image of Mary, Mother of Life travelled May 2014-May 2015 all over Mindanao, and May 2015-May 2016, was brought to the Visayas specifically to dioceses, parishes and schools where MOLians hail from or are now based. This pilgrim visit will give them the opportunity to once again re-connect and re-live the MOL tradition—a life of prayer and action right where they serve, live and love.
The image is now in Luzon transferred last May 2016 from the Visayas specifically from Samar (Visayas) to Sorsogon (Luzon), the first region to welcome the pilgrim image in Luzon.
4. Projects for 2016
- To participate in the Philippine Conference on New Evangelization, July 15-17, 2016
- To conduct a Summer Refresher Course on May 2-6, for MOL alumni and other Christian Life Educators as part of their ongoing professional development and a deepening of their spiritual formation. Topics: Appreciation of the Bible and Education to Interiority
- To hold the Summer Pastoral Work in Mayaoyao, Ifugao from May 14-21, 2016 to give Biblical Catechesis with the Theme: Mary and the Eucharist. Participated in by Adults, youth and children.
- Participation in the meetings and conferences organized by the Association of Catechetical Centers and Colleges/Universities with Religious Education (ACCCRE) under the Episcopal Commission on Catechesis and Catechetical Education (ECCCE). There is also the Episcopal Commission on Biblical Apostolate National Conference in February, 2016 in Koronadal City.
- MOL Alumni Officers meetings both face-to-face and Online for the Preparation of the Golden Jubilee Celebration in 2017. Alumni activities locally and abroad are scheduled as part of the preparations (meetings, recollections, family days, etc)
- Pilgrimage of MOL alumni to France for the Beatification of Ven. Fr. Marie Eugene of the Child Jesus, OCD, founder of Notre Dame de Vis Institute and Mother of Life Center on November 19, 2016.
- Thanksgiving Mass in the Philippines on December 30, 2016 in the National Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Broadway, Quezon City
Caridad N. Barrameda
(Updated: Septermber 5, 2016)