Conference Episcopale du Vietnam
I. Internal situation
Character : Commission of Bishops’ Conference
Contact Person : Fr. F.X. Vu Phan Long, OFM
E-mail : email@example.com
Personal : 84 8 38220988
Fax : 84 8 38228087
Postal Address : 3 Mai Thi Luu Q. 1, Ho Chi MinhCity – Vietnam
Address of the President of the Biblical Commission:
Bishop Joseph Vo Duc Minh
22, Tran Phu – POBox 42, Nha Trang – Vietnam
Email : – firstname.lastname@example.org
– Official email address of the Commission: email@example.com
Tel : 84 058 352 7641
Members : 1 bishop, 21 priests (4 abroad) and 4 sisters.
II. Activities of the members in 2016
– 02 meetings of the whole Commission
– Lectures on Scriptures in the Major Seminaries and Intercongregational Institute for male and female religious.
– Preparation of the Gospel texts with simple commentaries for family evening prayer at home; more substantial commentaries for parish priests
– 02 manuals on Holy Scripture, especially on Lectio Divina.
– Publication of one booklet of the 22 meditations on the Divine Mercy for the Jubilee.
4. Others: Out of the request of the Commission, VN Bishops’ Conference accepted the translation of the whole Bible by the Group Liturgy of Hours as the “vulgate” text for the VN Church.
III. Program for 2017
CBF Vietnam/National level
– 02 meetings of the whole Commission.
– Preparation for the SEA Workshop in Nha Trang.
– Ongoing training various ways and methods of approaching God’s Word for prayer and life, especially through Lectio Divina.
– Lectures of Holy Scripture in the Major Seminaries and the Religious Congregations: Teach and present the manuals on Holy Scripture.
Website for Biblical Pastoral is going on, with rich contributions such as sketches of homilies, exegetical presentations, suggestions for Lectio Divina, diverse articles, sharings, news: http://www.kinhthanhvn.net.
Other: Project of translation of books on biblical exegesis of the foreign scholars in Vietnamese and of redaction of books on biblical hermeneutic.
Report sent by Fr. FX Vu Phan Long, OFM
(Updated September 6, 2016)