The Liturgy of the Hours Group
Updated Report: August 19, 2016
1. Internal situation
2. Activities in 2015
- Meetings: 7 November: visit to Mgr. Carballo OFM, Secretary of the Congregation for Consecrated Life, accompanied by the leadership of Superior and Major Superiors.
- Reprint print books continue the second translation of the Bible intended to studies
3. Program for 2016
1) Meeting in 2016 : with the United Bible Societies (UBS) 3 times as usual, for publishing and distributing the Bible.
2) Formation in 2016 : Setting 3 week formation courses in biblical research and translation : one in January (11-29 Jan) and the other in July (11-29 July).
Most members of the LHG are professors in Sacred Scriptures, so they often teach the Bible for all kinds of readers and in many places, i.e, in the Religious Seminaries, in the parishes and in some classes for Biblical Ministry Groups.
4. Publications in 2016
- a) 3000 copies of the Holy Bible, edition 2011.
- b) 7000 copies of the “God’s Word for all peoples”
- c) 30,000 copies of the New Testament (large font)
- d)60,000 copies of the “pocket” New Testament (small font)
- e) 5000 copies of the Biblical Stories for youth.
- f) 7000 copies of the Biblical Stories for children.
- g) 000 copies of the Biblical Readings in the Mass.
- h) 7000 copies of the Lectionary.
In addition, we will try our best to finish our task of making the second version of the Didactic Books and Prophetic Books for the need of original textual study.